2013年5月20日月曜日

Biological monitoring in Arizona (May 20, 2013)

Biological monitoring at Grand Canyon National Park
 
I visited Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona, USA for Biological monitoring. Though I have visited various places to see the health consequence of Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant accident, I can find no effect against creatures in Japan. However, there is a concern that radioactive materials will be brought to overseas by the wind. So I have wanted to see the effects against overseas. Grand Canyon is known as one of Earth's most powerful, inspiring landscapes which overwhelm our senses. Its rugged landscape hosts a fascinating variety of plant and animal communities. So I visited there to see effects of the accident. As a result, I cannot find any impact of the accident. People in Arizona have no worry about the accident, because it is far away from the site and radioactive materials couldn’t reach there.
Posted by Yoshitaka Kiriake from Japan on May 20, 2013.




グランド・キャニオンはアメリカ合衆国アリゾナ州にある峡谷で、コロラド高原がコロラド川の浸食作用によって削り出された地形である。標高2000メートルの高地だが意外と緑が多く小動物がたくさん住んでいた。


 
 
Squirrel
 
 
 
I saw Grand Canyon National Park for the first time.
It was very beautiful from the sky.
I could see Colorado River.
 
 
Fine view from South Rim 
 
We can see variety of plant and animal communities.
 
View from Bright Angel Lodge
2 years have passed since Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant accident. I have visited various places of Japan. Fortunately I have never found any impacts by the accident among Japanese creatures. As far as I know, nobody has health problem which is caused by the accident in Japan.
So people in Arizona have already forgotten the nuclear power plant accident too. Because Arizona is very far away from the site and radioactive materials cannot reach there. We know there is no problem for child birth and child rearing in Arizona. So people in Arizona are living without any concern about the accident. I continue to visit various places in the world to see the effects of the accident, because I can meet various creatures which are sensitive to radioactive materials from the environment. It is important to see their health for our safety.











 
Public Health Network in Japan

 


 
 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿