2013年6月19日水曜日

Biological monitoring in Tokyo (June 19, 2013)

Biological monitoring at Tokyo Metropolitan Park (June 19, 2013)

I visited Tokyo Metropolitan Park to see biological impacts of Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant accident. Though I have visited various places in Japan to see the health consequence of the accident, I can find no effect against creatures in Japan.
Now summer has come in Tokyo and we can see various insects at Tokyo Metropolitan Park. Japanese boys like bug hunting so we often see them collecting various bugs at every park. Especially they want to hunt beetles or stag beetles. Generally speaking, bug's growth is so fast than human beings that they are more sensitive to radioactive materials of the environment than us.
So I visited a park to see effects of the accident against bugs which are grown up in Japan.
Fortunately, I could see them grown up safely and I couldn't find any impact of the accident. It seems that there is no problem for childbirth and child-rearing in Tokyo Japan.
Posted by Yoshitaka Kiriake from Japan on June 19, 2013.





東京の公園では5月末頃よりクワガタの成虫が見られるようになった。カブトムシの幼虫もいた。今年の夏も様々な昆虫たちと出会えそうだ。







I found first stag beetle in the park on May 29, 2013
About Parks in Tokyo Metropolitan
http://www.tokyo-park.or.jp/english/park/index.html



These bugs are found at Tokyo Metropolitan Park.
Stag beetles
 
  
I found a beetle larva at the park.
The larva will be a beetle soon.
This is an adult male beetle.
This picture was taken on August 5, 2012.
 
 
 
We can find various creatures in the park.  
I met a toad.
2 years have passed since Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant accident. I have visited various places of Japan to see the health consequence of the accident. Fortunately I have never found any impacts by the accident among Japanese creatures. As far as I know, nobody has health problem which is caused by the accident in Japan.
So people in Tokyo have already forgotten the nuclear power plant accident too. Because Tokyo is very far away from the site and radioactive materials cannot reach there. We know there is no problem for child birth and child rearing in Tokyo. So people in Tokyo are living without any concern about the accident.
I continue to visit various places in the Japan to see the effects of the accident, because I can meet various creatures which are more sensitive to radioactive materials from the environment. It is important to see their health for our safety.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Public Health Network in Japan
 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿