2013年3月9日土曜日

Biological monitoring in Tokyo (March 10, 2013)

Biological monitoring at Epson Aqua Stadium.

I visit Epson Aqua Stadium many times every year. Because I can see various marine creatures there and it is fun to meet them. I have reported that on September 24, 2012. (http://phnetwork.blogspot.jp/2012/09/biological-monitoring-in-tokyo-japan_24.html) So this is the 2nd time to show you that. Epson Aqua Stadium show us not only Tropical fish of every color but also we can enjoy amazing Dolphin show and Sea Lion show. Sea animals eat lots of marine products every day. So I think they are more sensitive to radioactive materials of the environment than us.
So I go there to see effects of Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant accident. Though I have never found any impact of the accident, I think it is important to see creatures of Tokyo because they teach us the environmental health.

Posted by Yoshitaka Kiriake from Japan on March 10, 2013.



福島第一原発事故による影響を見るため各地の水族館を訪問している。エプソン品川アクアスタジアムでは世界中の魚類が展示されており、イルカやアシカの素晴らしい演技も楽しめる。彼らは日本の魚介類を食べているが事故による影響は無さそうだ。




 
 
 
The entrance of Epson Aqua Stadium.
5 minutes walk from Takanawa Exit of Shinagawa Station.
 
 
 Large fish are swimming over my head.
 
 
Dolphins are clever. 
 Their performance fascinated the audience.
 
 
Dolphin surfing
The man is standing on the head of dolphin
They jump at the same time.
 
 
What an excellent performance it is!
 
 
I could see various fish of the world.
 
 
I could see penguins swimming in the water as if they were flying in the air.
 
 
 
 I like Japanese food.
 
 Takoyaki : octopus dumplings
Udon with Ebiten : thick Japanese wheat noodles with prawns deep‐fried in batter
Though 2 years have passed scince Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant accident, I could not find any impacts by the accident. As far as I know, nobody has health problem which was caused by the accident in Tokyo. So people in Tokyo have already forgot the nuclear power plant accident because Tokyo is very far away from the site, there are no nuclear power plant in Tokyo and radioactive materials could not reach here.

I continue to visit aquariums and zoos to see the effects of the accident because we can see many kinds of creatures which are sensitive to radioactive materials from the environment. It is important to see their health for our safety.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Public Health Network in Japan

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿